16 March, 2007

personal essential question # 9

every cycle we make 2 posts in response to our personal essential question. I know that my question, "what do people truely think or feel about me" is somewhat unanswerable in full honesty. I am able to answer other questions in understanding myself. my last post reflected about my friends, more specifically those who live far away and yet are soclose like sisters to me. even thouh I value my friendships dearly, family is also extremely important.

this week has been spent in maui, with my parents on a business trip. this one trip is family oriented unlike the others. I have been attending for many years and my friendships with the choldren have grown strong over the years. I am patiularly close with 2 other girls my age, and I look foeward to seeing them and their families each year. this year, due to school, one of my friends was not able to come , and will not be able to attend ever in the future.


So last night was the farewell banquet and gala dinner, and I sat aside my parents, my sister like friend, her parents(mine as well except for the fact we are not related), and my other friends parents that are almost my own as well. While sitting at the table we discuss our travels for the year, the summer and our excitement for the next years trip. It was not my friend, but her parents who brought up the idea of getting the girls together this summer. I was invited to fly up and stay with them in california. I would live with them, spend time with my friend in her daily life, and travel with them on their family summer trip. I was invited to become a part of their family. And family is is simply your connection and love for one another, not just the bonds of blood. they are my great friends and my family.

No comments: